Since I had no kids today I figured I finally recover my lounge. It’s a 5 seater modular and was looking very worse for wear. I converted the base to be storage on one of them and finished recovering it this morning.
Then I got started on the other 2 seater part of the lounge. I have pulled off the cushion covers and cut them out then I got started on the main part of the lounge. I pulled the fabric off the bottom, then the sides and then discovered something I did not want to find.
A HUGE crack in the frame work! I am so frustrated. I have spent all this time planning and doing this lounge only to discover the bones aren’t good!
I will admit that crack could’ve been there for quite some time and has not affect the usage yet. That’s fine. It may work well for a while longer, but I do not want to recover a lounge only to have to buy a new one in 6 months.
This is very disappointing. I do not want a new lounge yet and have now stripped this one bare. I am thinking I will toss the part that is cracked and keep the other part until I do want a new lounge. It will mean I have more space.
Oh, well, these things happen. Now I just have to clean up my giant mess and work out how to get rid of that part of the lounge.