I have done
- Switched from cleaning products to bi-carb and vinegar
- Stopped using cleanser and now use a microfiber cloth and organic coconut oil for moisturiser as needed only, not every day.
- I did a detox and have eliminated a lot of things from our diet (this is a work in progress)
- I have been educating myself about vitamins, how they work and interlink in our bodies etc... especially in accordance with my health issues.
- I try to buy pretty much only organic meat and am moving over to organic veg. When I don’t buy the organic produce, I soak it in apple cider vinegar and water and clean it before using it.
- I recycle as much as I can.
- I use water many times e.g. bath water is used to soak clothes then used in the washing machine then put on the garden.
Some of the things I plan on doing are
- Get a compost bin
- Switch to mineral talc free make-up
- Switch to aluminium free deodorant
- Grow fruit and veg
Where I am it is hard to do many of the things I would love to do to be greener, but I am doing what I can. Heck, I live in a 1 bedroom unit with 2 kids, that leaves a small footprint right?
I know there’s much more I could do, but sometimes I am just lazy. In fact I have gotten really lazy lately and it’s bad. So I am committing from today to live a greener life.
And to confirm that commitment I have joined this green blog hop