Miggles and she helped select the fabric (I already had some of it). She then designed it and told me what to do. It was a mroe random than pattern design, but the seeds ended up pretty much in a pattern, which was not planned.
We went to her place to use her cutter. I got incredibly frustrated with it and she ended up cutting it for me.
I started sewing when I could, which is not easy with 2 littlies. I got the bulk of the pink watermelon part done, then it sat in my cupboard. And sat, and sat and sat.
A few days ago I pulled it out and finished it. The binding sucked and I am not a quilting fan. It was my first and most likely my last quilt.
I am glad I did it. It’s finished and is one of my daughters many Christmas presents this year. I plan on doing some cushion covers to match it, but they will just be patch worked, no binding and probably no black seeds. There’s seedless watermelon too you know! Lol.
I used polar fleece as wadding because I already had it and I was so sick of quilting I wanted it finished NOW!
My girls think it’s gorgeous.