4 loaves of multigrain bread
2 packets of cherries
3 bunches of beetroot
3kgs of apples
3 packets of snow peas
2 bunches of celery
1 cos lettuce
1 bag of chestnuts
This is amazing! There is so much to make with all of this. Some of my first ideas were:
- Stirfry (snow peas, capsicum, celery with a few others things I have)
- Beetroot chunky dip (using some chestnuts crushed, roast some beetroot and ricotta cheese I have already) this could be used mixed with pasta for a yummy dinner we love
- Apple cherry pie (although the cherries just got eaten so fast)
- The lemon will be used for a cold remedy as we have been sick
- Lettuce to be used with taco’s
- Salad – using lettuce, cucumber, chestnuts, celery, capsicum etc…
I have had to Google beetroot recipes as it is not something we eat a lot of but I do like them. They are really good for you to. I have read about others using the juice of beetroot to colour food pink, so am considering this for my daughter’s birthday. I would freeze it.
I saw a curry recipe I am thinking about, as I have the rest of the ingredients, as well as a beetroot cake or brownie recipe. I like carrot, zucchini and pumpkin cakes so I am sure I would like chocolate beetroot cake.
So now I am going to be cooking up a storm and should have pics this week to show you what I have made.