This morning I had this for breakfast
Ideally this would be all fresh, but I didn't have enough fresh fruit on hand so did use tinned pineapple (in juice not syrup).
I know for me it is as simple as smoothies and fruit salad for breakfast now that I have a blender again. I love a variety of salads and soups, nuts and things. It is simply a matter of doing it all.
I have a conference I am going to in September in Denver, USA. I will be seeing people I saw last year in Chicago and I really, really want to be different. I want to be healthier, fitter and back to 'me'. You see, while I am not obese or anything I am bigger than I was before kids and I am not 100% ok with that.
So my action plan...
- Clean out the fridge, freezer and pantry of all food I should not eat.
- Menu plan
- Shop accordingly and prepare what I can ahead of time
- Have simple snacks in my bag such as an apple and nuts or a banana
- Get back to drinking chlorophyll
- Get a juicer (I had one years ago and yes, I do use it)
- Get a food processor so I can make more raw recipes
- Get back to being vego. I used to be vegetarian and while so many people will say you won't get enough protein/iron etc on a vego diet - YOU CAN! I have never had a problem with iron or anything. As long as you eat a variety, know what foods to eat together and what their nutritional value is, a vegetarian diet can be varied and nutritious. It is when you simply cut out meat without expanding into other foods that you can have problems.
- Walk everywhere possible
- 30 mins daily of other exercise, such as an exercise DVD, running, skipping etc.
So that is my action plan to lose the last few kilo's, get healthy and change my lifestyle. THIS IS NOT A DIET! This plan is to change my life, my eating habits and exercise habits. I have no intention of ever going back to how I have been eating.
So what are your tips for changing your lifestyle, eating healthier and being more active?