Rocky road has been an easy recipe I have made for years. My favourite version includes peanut butter, but there are so many options of things to include or how to do it. My favourite recipe is below, but I'll share peanut free variations at the end too. Rock road is basically melted chocolate mixed with marshmallows and whatever else you want then left in the fridge to set.
2 - 3 Tablespoons of peanut butter. I prefer crunchy but my kids like smooth. This one ingredient has had so many people ask for my recipe. It is optional though.
1 200g packet of marshmallows
1 Crunchie/Violet crumble or other chocolate bar, diced
1 packet of Smarties or jelly beans or similar
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second burst in the microwave. It usually takes 1 - 2 minutes if using chocolate melts or chips.
- Mix in all the rest of the ingredients
- Push evenly into a slice tray and place it in the fridge to set.
That is how easy rocky road is! You can choose to leave out the peanut butter and there are so many variations:
- Add 1/3 cup dessicated coconut
- Add dried mixed fruit such as cherries and raisins
- Crushed nuts
- Any of your favourite lollies chopped up and mixed through
How do you like rocky road?