This past few weeks I have been testing various beauty treatments for another blog of mine. One was a DIY face peel designed for blackheads and cleaning out your pores. I rarely get blackheads but at times feel my nose and chin need a deeper clean because my pores are more open there.
But a week later and you can see my skin is much clearer. In fact, I rarely take a picture with skin like that unless make up is covering my imperfections.
It is a really easy peel to do. I first saw it here, but instead of using disposables I just used a clean cup and spoon to put it all on. And no, there are no pictures of me with the mask on because it has a clearish jelly like consistency which in photos is easily mistaken for something else. Once it sets on your face it's not as suspicious, but still not a photo I wanted to share.
1 Tablespoon gelatin
2 Tablespoons milk
- Clean your face. I tend to use make up wipes because it's easy, but this time used a proper cleanser.
- Mix gelatin and milk together in a bowl then heat in microwave for 10 - 15 seconds depending on the strength of your microwave. I only needed 10 seconds. Mix the milk and gelatin to make a smooth paste. Test the temperature before applying it to your face. You don't want to burn your skin.
- As with all masks, avoid the skin close to your eyes as it is more delicate and this mask is strong, it can remove some facial hair, so be careful.
- Leave it on your face for 15 minutes then peel off. Go gently as your skin might be sensitive in areas. You don't need to rip it off fast like a band aid.
- Clean your face again, then tone and moisturise.
I have been using a mud mask every fortnight, but I am going to switch to this instead as my skin was much softer and clearer after this than it ever has been with the mud mask.
Do you do skincare from your pantry?